Oct 01, 2023
Degree and Major Requirements
- General Education 41 Credit Hours 1
- Foreign Language classes (intermediate level required) 0-14 Credit Hours 2
- Philosophy course (in addition to General Education courses) 3 Credit Hours
- University electives 26-43 Credit Hours
- Major requirements (listed below) 33-36 Credit Hours
1 The General Education program contains a set of requirements each student must fulfill. The number of credit hours necessary to fulfill these requirements may vary.
2 The foreign language requirement may be satisfied by successful completion of the second semester of the intermediate level of the student’s chosen language (typically 232) or by placing out of that language through the Department of Foreign Language’s placement test.
Concentration Core Courses
Capstone (choose one of the following): 3 Credit Hours
Track Requirements: 12 Credit Hours
Choose 4 courses from one track. This will be your home track.
Breadth Requirements: 12 Credit Hours
Choose 4 additional courses: one from each of the other tracks and one more from any of the three other tracks. None of these can be cross-listed in your home track.
Track 1: Eastern Traditions
Track 2: Western Traditions
Track 3: Biblical Studies and Theology
Track 4: Religion and Society
Recommended Schedule for Majors
The following outline is a sample four-year program. The actual courses and sequence a student takes may vary.
- Introductory courses in major 6 Credit Hours
- B.A. or B.S. Requirements 6-8 Credit Hours
- General Education courses 6-18 Credit Hours 1
- Required courses in major 6 Credit Hours
- B.A. or B.S. Requirements or Electives 6 Credit Hours
- General Education courses 18 Credit Hours
- Requirements and electives in philosophy or religion 12 Credit Hours
- Electives (may be outside of major) 12 Credit Hours
- General Education courses 6 Credit Hours
1 Students should adjust General Education and foreign language load to achieve 30 hours total.