Feb 04, 2023
- General Education 41 Credit Hours
- Philosophy course 3 Credit Hours 1
- Foreign language courses (intermediate level required) 1-14 Credit Hours
- Major requirements (core courses and selected tracks) 41 Credit Hours
- Electives 18-38 Credit Hours
Justice Studies Major Requirements
Fairness and Responsibility Component Requirement
Take one of the following courses. Any course not used to fulfill this requirement may be used as elective credit
Choose one of the following (which is not required for your track): 3 Credit Hours
Students must select one of the following tracks:
- Track A. Criminal Justice and Criminology
- Track B. Global Justice and Policy
- Track C. Social Justice Engagement
Justice Studies Track A. Criminal Justice and Criminology
This track focuses on the nature, causes and solutions for crime, primarily, but not exclusively, in the United States. All students in Track A must take JUST 210. Crime and Criminal Justice , and JUST 212. Theories of Crime and Criminal Justice . Students select six additional courses from the following. At least four of the six electives must have a JUST identifier.
Note: Other courses may be substituted with adviser’s and department chair’s consent.
Select six additional courses from the following:
1 May be taken for elective credit in Track A when the topic is appropriate. Students should seek approval from their advisers or the academic unit head.
2 Course is only open to students who are double majoring in Psychology .
Recommended Schedule for Majors
- Track foundation course 3 Credit Hours
- Outside track foundation course 3 Credit Hours
- Track electives 6 Credit Hours