Phone: (540) 568-6314
Dr. Julie Sanford
Associate Director of Graduate Programs
Dr. Melody Eaton
D.N.P. Program Coordinator
Dr. Jeannie Garber
Nurse Practitioner Program Coordinator
Dr. Andrea Knopp
Leadership (CNL/NA) Programs Coordinator
Dr. Christine Argenbright
M. deValpine, M. Eaton, L. Hulton, J. Sanford, L. Sobel, S. Zook
S. Annan, C. Argenbright, M. Bagnardi, J. Garber, A. Knopp, E. Sawin, S. Strang, J. Strunk,
L. Donovan, D. Elkins, A. Graham, J. Harnage, E. Lewis, J. Tacy
S. Stowell Condra (Lead Faculty, AGPCNP)
We engage students, faculty and communities through dynamic and innovative nursing education, practice and scholarship to influence health in our world.
To be a SON nationally recognized for academic excellence and innovative contributions to health care.
We are committed to...
Integrity: being honest, sincere and just in all of our endeavors
Caring: sharing compassion, kindness and authenticity with those we encounter
Excellence: pursuing the highest quality in teaching, learning, scholarship and service
Collaboration: cultivating partnerships built on respect, trust and commitment
Advocacy: providing a voice for those we serve and promoting policies that improve healthcare for all
Inclusivity: honoring the richness that diverse perspectives bring to our world
The master's degree program in nursing and the Doctor of Nursing Practice program at James Madison University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.ccneaccreditation.org).
Programs of Study
The James Madison University School of Nursing offers a Master of Science in Nursing (M.S.N.) and Doctor of Nursing Practice (D.N.P.).
The concentrations within the M.S.N. are:
- Adult/Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (AGPCNP)
- Clinical Nurse Leader (CNL)
- Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP)
- Nurse Administrator (NA)
- Nurse Midwifery (NMW) (in conjunction with Shenandoah University)
- Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) (in conjunction with Shenandoah University)
The D.N.P. at JMU is a practice-focused degree with an emphasis on the rigor of evidence-based practice grounded in research knowledge and the analysis of clinical and systems data. Students may choose from two areas of foci:
- Advanced Practice Nursing
- Leadership in Healthcare Systems
A differential tuition fee of $90 per credit hour is added to the standard charge for courses carrying the NSG prefix. This charge applies to all students, both in-state and out-of-state, at the undergraduate and graduate levels, with the exception of students enrolled in the R.N. to B.S.N. program.
- Nursing, Adult/Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (AGPCNP), M.S.N.
- Nursing, Clinical Nurse Leader (CNL), M.S.N.
- Nursing, Doctor of Nursing Practice, D.N.P.
- Nursing, Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP), M.S.N.
- Nursing, Nurse Administrator (NA), M.S.N.
- Nursing, Nurse Midwifery, M.S.N.
- Nursing, Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP), M.S.N.