2018-19 Undergraduate Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]
College of Business, European Business Concentration
The European business concentration can be completed by taking COB 300A -D (Integrative Business: Management , Finance , Operations , Marketing –12 credit hours) and COB 301 (European Integration, Culture and History–3 credit hours) in Belgium as part of the Semester in Antwerp program.
These courses will be taught in the context of the European Union and, as a part of the curriculum, students will visit and study European businesses (e.g., European high-tech startup companies, businesses in the Port of Antwerp) and the institutions that comprise the European Union (e.g., the Council of Europe, the European Parliament). Students will visit business, governmental and cultural institutions in such countries as France, England, Germany, Luxembourg, Norway, the Netherlands, Austria and others, depending on which semester the student goes abroad.
Students in this concentration will:
- Acquire an in-depth understanding of the European business environment.
- Learn about the institutions of the European Union.
- Gain an understanding of the issues surrounding economic and monetary union.
- Apply the integrated functional systems to the European market.
- Understand the role of culture in conducting business in Europe.
This concentration is only available to students who complete COB 300 and COB 301 with the Semester in Antwerp program.