Dec 17, 2018
- General Education 41 Credit Hours
- Philosophy course 3 Credit Hours 1
- Foreign language courses (intermediate level required) 1-14 Credit Hours
- Major requirements (core courses and selected tracks) 41 Credit Hours
- Electives 18-38 Credit Hours
Choose one of the following: 3 Credit Hours
Choose one of the following (which is not required for your track): 3 Credit Hours
Students must select one of the following tracks:
- Track A. Crime and Criminology
- Track B. Global Justice and Policy
- Track C. Social Justice Engagement
Track B. Global Justice and Policy
This track explores issues of justice in global context. Most prominent among them are questions of security, equity and equality. Courses in this track address the individual, group and state dimensions of these and related issues in a diverse set of policy areas including democratization, cultural identity, developmental, environmental protection, conflict resolution and human rights.
All students in Track B must take JUST 235. Justice in the Global Community and JUST 237. Dilemmas in Global Justice .
Students select six additional courses from the following. At least four must have a JUST identifier.
Note: Other courses may be substituted with adviser's and department chair's consent.
Select six additional courses from the following:
1 Only one course from this option may be counted towards the major; approval for course selection from Justice Studies and the academic unit offering the course is also required.
2 May be taken for elective credit in Track B when the topic is appropriate. Students should seek approval from their adviser or the department head.
Recommended Schedule for Majors
- Track foundation course 3 Credit Hours
- Outside track foundation course 3 Credit Hours
- Track electives 6 Credit Hours