Zane Showker Hall, Sixth Floor – MSC 0207, Harrisonburg, VA 22807
Phone: (540) 568-3254 Website: http://www.jmu.edu/cob/
Dr. Mary A. Gowan
Associate Dean, Academic Affairs
Dr. Michael E. Busing
Associate Dean, Human Resources and Administration
Ms. Kimberley A. Foreman
Associate Dean, Undergraduate Programs
Ms. Molly G. Brown
Academic Units Within the College
School of Accounting
Dr. Michael P. Riordan, Director
Computer Information Systems and Business Analytics Program
Dr. J. Art Gowan Jr., Academic Unit Head
Dr. Ehsan Ahmed, Academic Unit Head
Finance and Business Law Program
Dr. Hui Sono, Academic Unit Head
Program of International Business
Dr. Marion M. White, Director
Dr. Paula S. Daly, Academic Unit Head
Dr. Andy Wood, Academic Unit Head
Master of Science in Accounting
Dr. Nancy B. Nichols, MSA Program Director
Master of Business Administration Program
Dr. Matt Rutherford, Academic Director
Ms. Tisha McCoy-Ntiamoah, Professional Director
Degree programs offered by the College of Business are accredited by AACSB International – The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. Students may select from the following programs in the College of Business or its independent affiliates:
Business Administration (M.B.A.)
Sport and Recreation Leadership (M.S.) (offered through the Hart School of Hospitality, Sport and Recreation Management)
Strategic Leadership (Ph.D.) (offered through the School of Leadership Studies)
The JMU College of Business is a learning community committed to excellence in:
- Preparing students to be engaged, principled business professionals and leaders;
- Advancing scholarship in business disciplines; and
- Enhancing organizational performance through our outreach activities.
To be regarded as a leader in preparing collaborative business partners engaged with ideas and the world.
- Integrity: We are a community dedicated to honesty, mutual respect, ethical reasoning and responsible behavior.
- Intellectual Growth: We value academic excellence achieved through the intellectual curiosity and growth of both faculty and students, and through the creation and maintenance of a challenging and rigorous learning environment that encourages critical thinking and life-long learning.
- Community: We value a supportive, inclusive culture where diverse ideas, backgrounds and experiences strengthen our community, contributing to a global and multi-cultural mindset.
- Engagement: We value an engaged, active learning environment inside and outside the classroom. We enrich the student experience through mutually beneficial internal and external relationships.
- Innovation/Collaboration: We value initiative, creativity, collaboration and entrepreneurial spirit. We promote new ideas and solutions that advance intellectual growth and have a positive impact.